OUT for Sustainability (OUT4S) board members determine and support the strategic direction of the organization, including maintaining its functional and financial stability. Board members are expected to make certain that the organization stays true to its mission and vision. The board is made up of individuals who reflect a variety of skill, perspective and experience to strengthen the organization by that diversity. In addition to the board, OUT4S has six committees for board members and other volunteers to impact with varying levels of time commitment:
- Manage: Supporting the operations and finance of OUT4S.
- Advance: Supporting the fundraising, volunteers, and partners of OUT4S.
- Serve: Planning and executing the Earth Gay program including hosted and facilitated events, and the identity program.
- Connect: Planning and executing the Sustainability and Society Series (SaSS), particularly the OUT4S hosted socials.
- Educate: Writing articles, maintaining our website, and engaging the world through social media.
- Advocate: Vetting, prioritizing, and acting on issues for OUT4S to influence and impact.
OUT4S is now taking applications for the board from individuals with passion for sustainability and making a difference in our community. OUT4S board terms are two years. Inquire for more detail on roles and responsibilities.
If you’re interested in engaging, but not necessarily as a board member, consider volunteering.